[orca-list] from where orca reads settings?

Hi all,
Until now I thought that orca's settings were read only from the .orca directory. However I found that if you have a user-settings.py present in your home directory and the .orca directory does not exists, this file is used.

Is this a bug or it works as designed?

To reproduce try the following steps:
1. cp ~/.orca/user-settings.py ~/
2. rename the .orca directory in your home directory
3. restart orca
At least in my machine orca restarts normaly with its original configuration preserved and doesn't present me the setup screen.
4. rm ~/user-settings.py created in the step 1
5. restart orca again
Now orca presents the setup screen as expected.
Thanks.

--
José Vilmar Estácio de Souza
Informal Informatica