[orca-list] unable to transfer files to i-pod, very puzzled

i am still having trouble transfering music files to my i-pod which is why dad has had to use i-tunes in windows to transfer a few cds for me. i am puzzled as i know i can see my drives and even my files and possibfor select them, it is the transfering them that puzzles me. when i enter rhythm box, i can read the layout with orca, on one side i have the list of devices and drives etc such as michael's i-pod which is what dad has called it, i can tab between the other fields such as artist and track, i can even view the files dad has transfered for me so if i arrow down to michael's i-pod and tab over, i see the field types when i tab for example i see katie melua under artist and the number of albums, the number of tracks and the track names which shows 36 as dad transfered my three cds and if i put in a cd by default and open rhythmbox, i can go to the could drive from the source list, tab over to the tracks and do a control a to select them it is when i then shift tab back to sources and go to michael's i-pod and try to transfer the selected files where i have problems. dad reckoned my i-pod which i bought in december last year is different when it comes to transfering music and he said something about having to create new play lists each time he transfered my katie melua cds. i went into the menus and went into new playlist but i didn't get anything read by orca. i have looked at the ubuntu stu! for different applications that transfer music to i-pods but it talks about droping the items otoo the i-pod which isn't any use to someone whz is totally blind unless there are keystrokes for something like drag and drop and the instructions are for feisty and i am using intrepid.