Re: [orca-list] GDM accessible login

El dom, 15-02-2009 a las 14:47 -0700, Steve Holmes escribiÃ:
user while in gnome.  I can see why gdm logins are hard to implement
before logging on because Orca isn't running yet and won't be until a
user logs in.  The spech settings and all are stored in a user's home
directory so how could Orca be running before you login?

In this case Orca is launched with the -n (--no-setup option) that make
that orca doesn't try to import a particular user settings, and also is
run with the -d main-window to avoid the main screen to appear.
This is the way how Orca is launched in gdm in Ubuntu when you press
control+s for a second or so.

I have get it to work adding the gdm user to the audio group
sudo adduser gdm audio
and enabling GTK_MODULES in my /etc/gdm/gdm.conf-custom file

HTH

Javier