Re: [orca-list] Orca in Fedora?

Good morning Albert,

You wrote:

"Yum info orca" tells me that orca version 2.24.3 is now part of
Fedora 10.

For sure it is, but it seems to have no braille support. In other words,
if you just install brltty and orca, both won't work together. Of
course, I came to this conclusion after being sure that everything was
configured correctly. For instance, just after brltty and orca
installation, ("yum install brltty orca"), I still needed to create the
BRLAPI authentication key /etc/brlapi.key and to give it the appropriate
permissions, as explained in
<http://cvs.sourceforge.jp/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grunix/grunix/brltty/Docu
ments/README.Gnopernicus?revision=1.1.1.1> in section "Building BRLTTY".
I definitely did this before trying to launch brltty and orca and this
definitely was not sufficient in my case.

The only way I could make all this work was to recompile orca 2.24.3
with braille support as described in my earlier posting.

Regards. Have a nice day. ChD