Re: [orca-list] Orca Hangups

Hi, I use a dell latitude d630 and ubuntu 8.10 with no problems.
I had some dificulties to configure my wireless card but it was solved installing a package called b43-fwcutter.

On 11-02-2009 04:24, Helios wrote:
Hi,
I also have some negative experience with dell computers. Maybe this
is because they use their own parts, which are sometime little bit
"specific". I have Dell Optiplex 755 in office and I also tried some
live-cds on it. It was the only computer where I was not able to use
ethernet connection from live-cd (I tried remastered Pclinuxos 2007
and Ubuntu 8.04). Both distributions were unable to find device for
ethernet. My colleague told me, that on his Dell desktop computer, the
only one distro which was able to boot correctly was the original
Pclinuxos 2007 (he also tried Ubuntu and Debian). So according to this
experiences I personally would obviate Dell computers.

Helios

Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 21:25:24 -0500
From: Storm Dragon<stormdragon2976 gmail com>
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Orca Hangups
To: Orca-list<orca-list gnome org>

It must be something special about Dell computers. I have had Orca stop
speaking a lot on this computer, it's a Dell Studio 1536 running Ubuntu
Intrepid 64 bit. It doesn't happen on the other 2 computers I use
regularly, a Compaq C500 and an old Gateway laptop. Now that I have set
up a key to launch Orca, it isn't quite as bad as before. I was hitting
f2 slightly before alt or something, because I was accidently renaming
things to orca. Now, with the key press, it's no longer a problem.
Storm
Check out the Storm Dragon blog:
                        http://www.stormdragon.us/