Re: [orca-list] drive imaging assistance required

This from the terminal, but it can do what you want.
At a terminal, do sudo su
it might ask you for your password, provide it.
Then remount the partition you want to image as read-only, from memory,
do:
mount /dev/hda1 -o ro
This if the partition you want to image is called hda1.
Then do:
dd if=/dev/hda1 of=imagefile.img
where imagefile.img is on another mounted partition.
So, first change to the directory where you want the image created.
To restore, unmount /dev/hda1 and do the reverse, IE
dd if=imagefile.img of=/dev/hda1
Note, you may not be able to unmount the partition if it is your root
partition.
HTH, Willem