Re: [orca-list] Orca key + q doesn't quit orca

Will this shortcut work from any other console like a text console? Oh, also, I tried 'killall orca' on several occasions and that never worked. I don't think Orca populates a pid file so killall never works for me. I always have to do a 'ps ax |grep orca' and then kill -9 that process number I got from the previous ps command. I need to do this quite often when I lose speech in the gnome terminal. Personally, I want speech available to me when doing these things. I have no clue where I am when Orca locks up like that. So this method has always worked for me. Then after killing orca, I can go back to the gnome window, press alt-f2 and wait five seconds and then type 'orca' and once dialog is dismissed, Orca will usually start back up. I would emagin a hotkey to start Orca would come in real handy here.

Jose Vilmar Estacio de Souza wrote:
You can also type:
orca -q
to kill orca.