Re: [orca-list] FileZilla

Steve Holmes wrote:
Yeah I suppose that might be the problem.  I just thought I would give
it a try.  It's too bad the developer is still obligated to address
accessibility issues specifically.  The big day would be when the
features come available simply by using the base foundation class.  I
saw a private reply that mentioned the possibility that wx widgets are
used and I think I saw that as a dependency under Debian's package
management scheme.

Hi Steve,

Accessibility is already built-in if you use GTK widgets.  The problem
is the wx widgets toolkit which doesn't implement the necesary
accessibility support on Linux.  The solution is to push wx widgets
developers to take accessibility seriously.  If they don't know people
care, they don't have motivation...

Best regards,

Tomas