Re: [orca-list] FileZilla

Yeah I suppose that might be the problem. I just thought I would give it a try. It's too bad the developer is still obligated to address accessibility issues specifically. The big day would be when the features come available simply by using the base foundation class. I saw a private reply that mentioned the possibility that wx widgets are used and I think I saw that as a dependency under Debian's package management scheme.

Thanks Joanie for taking another look; I just thought it would be nice if we could get it to go but if not... well, there's always ncftp and lftp from the text console.

Jason White wrote:
Steve Holmes <steve holmes88 gmail com> wrote:
Any ideas for FileZilla or GnuCash?

Just a general comment: if they don't use the accessibility API properly to
provide the information that Orca needs, there's nothing that can be done on
the Orca side to make the applications accessible. You would need to submit
bug reports to the application's developers.

If you run Orca with debugging enabled, you can see the events which the
application is sending via the accessibility interface. This might help you
to work out whether it's an issue with the Orca script, or, as is more likely,
with insufficient accessibility support in the application.