[orca-list] CD Ripper: Any good ideas?

Hey guys. Well, I'm on a mission. I'm trying to find a good CD ripper that'll rip into mp3. I know that vorbis is much! more supperior to mp3, but, I have my reasons and don't feel like starting a well x is better than y is better than z flame war, so please leave your comments of that out. Any who, Basically, I noticed something that is somewhat annoying. Sound Juicer doesn't seem to be under sound and video anymore. I was! able to apt-get install abcde. And I did! manage to install it. The only issue there is even after installing apt-get install lame, I still cannot get the program to encode into mp3. It seems to only be doing wave files. I've attached the configuration file which I placed inside my home directory. This same file with the exact same content is located in my /etc directory. If for what ever reason this mail bounces due to the attachment, I'll then post another mail with the configuration file in the body of the mail.

Anyway, another weird thing is that files are going in their own sub directory underneath my home folder. I strictly! recall seeing in the conf file that it should be going to $home/music.

So, I'm really confused. I didn't know if any of you all had a better sollution. I tried something called ruby ripper, which seems tokind a work, except the preferences are not really orca friendly, and when I hit enter or space bar on the rip CD button, it doesn't do anything. It just sits there idling. I can't even click the button with the flat review. I tried with no success. I dont' see any option at all either in Rhythmbox to rip a disc to mp3. So, here's hoping that someone can give me a hand, as, I'm, honestly kind a stumped.

Chris.