Re: [orca-list] [ANNOUNCE] libao (new audio driver for speechd including working pulseaudio support).

Very much my thoughts on why SD should use libao. On the performance thing, I know that many have reported issues, but the one case where I am using SD with pulseaudio I am not suffering from that issue, however my use is very different to that relevant here (eg. its for a single application in a single user environment, etc, much simpler). I don't know whether when using orca if such performance could be reproduced, and possibly it could be very hard to configure. My general thought is pulseaudio is the wrong way to go, I only use it in that one situation and that was due to the SD alsa problems.

The only question I have, when using SD with libao, will users still be able to choose the audio device SD should output on?

Michael Whapples