Re: [orca-list] Magnification on Ubuntu 9.04

Hi Flavia:

Welcome to the Orca list.  :-)

If you disable the autostart, can you get magnification to work? You might be running into a very elusive bug:

flavia de paula wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I have just installed Ubuntu 9.04. Then I activated Orca with magnification, setting it up, so it would start automatically. I restarted the computer and only Orca screen reading was working, but not magnification. I switched to only magnifier, without Orca and also it was not working. When I tried to turn off the computer, the screen would briefly appear magnified and then returned to the normal size. Any suggestions are most welcomed!

Windows LiveT Hotmail is faster and more secure than ever. Learn more. <>

Orca-list mailing list
Orca-list gnome org
Visit for more information on Orca.
The manual is at