Re: [orca-list] Concerns about Orca's performance

Thus spake Jacob Schmude:
1. Bringing up the file open dialog in most applications happens
quickly, but it can take up to two seconds for Orca to respond and
notify that the dialog is up. Orca itself doesn't seem to lag the
desktop at all, but there's a significant delay before I'm notified
about certain events. This applies to any dialog, file open is the
quickest example however.

This is a problem at times, even on my dual core AMD Athlon64x2 4600+,
so it seems it happens on other than just slower, less powerful
machines. The run window is another good example where it happens. Since
the speech refactor, the text of the window is more quickly spoken, but
there is a major lag after the window opens before I can silence the
speech by typing.

Kyle

--
 Jesus you're my life.