Re: [orca-list] orca and wine?

Unfortunately, Orca doesn't speak apps running under Wine for technical reasons having to do with the toolkit being used to render the windows and their contents.

I also tried myself to run NVDA under Wine to try to get it to speak other Wine apps, but at this point, it's a no-go. All I get is a window with a title that says "errors occurred", and the explanation is unreadable by Orca. Nothing even shows up in the terminal window where I ran it. At this point, it seems we are stuck with Windows in a VirtualBox if we need to run the occasional Windows app, with the exception of some self-voicing games that I have found work without too much trouble. These games can be found at
http://www.kitchensinc.net
Note that you will also want to install the Windows version of eSpeak to make these work, since the last time I tried to install the Microsoft SAPI5 voices, for some reason, they didn't install properly and gave no speech.

Kyle

--
 Jesus you're my life.
I live only to serve You