Re: [orca-list] orca, gnome, and vbetool

On Sun, Aug 02, 2009 at 05:43:23PM +1000, Jason White wrote:
Zachary Kline <kline zachary gmail com> wrote:
Is there a way to keep
my screen off at all times, console and GUI?

You can specify a null X server in your x configuration - I can't remember
what it is called, but basically it acts as though there is a real display
configured, but without accessing any video hardware.
Would this be the "dummy" driver?  At this point I just let Hal autoconfigure
xorg for me, so I don't have a xorg.conf file yet.  I've never written
one before.  Guess it's time to read the manpage.
Thanks,
Zack.