Re: [orca-list] [Fwd: Re: [g-a-devel] Speech-dispatcher/orca integration specification, first draft.]

I like the idea of using Speech Dispatcher as a central control
function for all speech.  But I've lately preferred gnome-speech
because I feel it has much better punctuation control than SD has.  SD
leaves such things up to the speech synthesiser but I don't think we
have as good a control of punctuation, pitch and stuff via the parm
from Orca to SD to the particular synth as I experience with
gnome-speech.

Also, concern was raised about speakup, speech-dispatcher and
friends.  I've used speakup in combination with speech-dispatcher with
speechd-up and I've been more recently been using speakup with
espeakup connector and when speech dispatcher is running with or
without Orca, I haven't run into any conflicts.  It's just strange
hearing a voice from Orca pop up while you're in a text console using
speakup <smile>.