Re: [orca-list] wiki git instructions update

Many thanks for doing this! It's also much better that you are working on this than I am because I might end up making generous assumptions about people's the working knowledge of the command line. :-)

For the particular passage in question, the first line of output from "git status" will tell you which branch you are using:

$ git status | head -1
# On branch master

Thanks again for your work!

Will

aerospace1028 hotmail com wrote:
greetings,
I deleted mmy account and registered a new one. I made my first edit of the Download and Installation page. I removed the unnecessary instructions for gail. There's still one SVN passage I'm not sure what to do with.

"You can also tell which version of the Orca sources you pulled from the SVN repository by typing svnversion when you are in the orca source directory that you pulled from SVN using the command above."

Is there a comperable feature in git to tell what branch you are working on? I'll rummage through the git man pages tomorrow again to see if I can find it, but if anyone knows it off the top of their head it would be good as well.