Re: [orca-list] updating the wiki

Hello there,

Glad that someone is intrested in improving the wiki!

This is how i edit a page, hopefully it will work for you.

1. Go to the page to be edited.

2. log in (if i am not already logged in)

3. press shift+h and when the heading search wrapps around, its the
"page"
one tab from that, and we land on the edit link, that we activate.

We are now moved on to an edit page, where we have some search
box and buttons, spellcheck/preview/save buttons
and underneath that we have a text area, that has the content of the
page, marked up in wiki markup.

I generally feel more confertable with large texts in editors, so select
all the content of the edit area and copy into gedit.

Read/modify as needed, then select all and paste it into the text area
on the page.
Then we tab across to where we describe the modifications that we have
done, and then we hit the preview button.
We carefully read this, where where we made our modifications, and if a
small mistake has been found (we have a heading level 2 whereas we
wanted a level 3, then we can go and edit that in the edit area at the
bottom.
Once we are happy, we press the save button.

I think there is a list of markup commands listed at the bottom of the
page but you can always learn by reading how other pages have been
marked up.

Hope this helps.

-Jon