Re: [orca-list] options to change the inflection range?

Why can't we have such an option just the way we have for rate, pitch
etc in the speech tab?

Right now I hack it by directly changing the parameters in the en file
found in espeak-data at /usr/share.

did any one really feel such a need or am I too robotic?

Two reasons:  :-)

1) If it ain't in http://bugzilla.gnome.org, it ain't a problem. Part of your responsibility as a community member is to log bugs and feature requests.

2) A relatively simple workaround exists, as you pointed out - thank you). It's going to take some work to get this in the GUI. The opportunity cost of doing that means that other things, such as fixes for Firefox or OpenOffice, etc., which don't have simple workarounds, will not get done. So, unless someone from the community steps up to make a patch, I need to focus the Orca team's energy on higher priority things.

Will