Re: [orca-list] need some review on orca with debian.

Krishnakant <hackingkk gmail com> wrote:
Does this work out-of-the-box?

It does for me.
I have off late herd that debian and orca had some problems?

I think those problems are the result of people who run old versions (e.g.,
the version in Debian Stable), or who don't know what they are doing, but
there could be bugs of which I am unaware.
I am thinking of installing debian on a couple of machines because it is
known to be rock solid and these machines are supposed to go to some
rural parts of india where technical support is not available.

Maybe the testing repository would be better: it is more up to date than
Stable, but the packages are only included if no bugs have been found after
several weeks.

Debian Lenney is already very out of date so far as Gnome is concerned and I
wouldn't recommend it.