Re: [orca-list] Orca installation from source

Hi
I don't know what version of Gnome LinuxMint 3.0 includes, but it's best to use the Orca branch that corresponds to your GNOME branch. So, it's best to use Orca 2.26 if you have GNOME 2.26. Deviating by a version in either direction doesn't usually cause any problems, but if your GNOME is too old you may not be able to compile the latest Orca.
I believe LinuxMint 6.0 includes GNOME 2.24, you might be better off upgrading before you try compiling the latest Orca, especially if Mint 6.0 includes GNOME 2.24, 3.0's GNOME is most likely extremely out of date..