From: Santhosh Thottingal <santhosh00 gmail com>
Subject: Re: [orca-list] I want to contribute to orca
To: "Willie Walker" <William Walker sun com>, "nirupama rout" <nayanarout1233 yahoo co in>
Cc: orca-list gnome org
Date: Wednesday, 24 September, 2008, 8:28 PM

nirupama rout wrote:
 I want to contribute to orca by giving Indian language support which does not exist for some languages

Hi Nirupama,
Regarding the text to speech system for Indic languages, there is a GPL-ed application named dhvani. You can see more details from http://dhvani.sourceforge.net. It currently supports 10 Indian languages. It is designed to incorporate the linguistic rules of Indian languages to TTS. Even though it is not matured as Espeak or Festival, you can try that and contribute to it.

Currently I am working to integrate it to Speech-Dispatcher and there by to Orca. Contact me if you  are interested in contributing to Dhvani project.

Thanks
Santhosh Thottingal

Get an email ID as yourname ymail com or yourname rocketmail com Click here.