Re: [orca-list] vmware

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 12:27:12AM +0200, mattias wrote:
Don't try to use orca on linux with vmware
The sound are broken or should i say bad
Ok it work but the tts sounds verry and i meen verry bad
The only dist work are ubuntu

Sometimes when using Orca in VMware Workstation I get some crazy
static sounds when Orca is speaking.  This problem seems to appear
when I change the volume on the host machine while the VM is open.
I solve this problem by disconnecting and reconnecting the sound to
the VM.  VMware workstation has a little speaker icon in the bottom
right corner of its window that you can right-click on to do this.

Not sure if this is the problem you are experiencing, just an FYI

Thanks,
Brian G. Merrell