Re: [orca-list] Are not we backwarding?

Hi Victor,

Have you tried these instructions that were posted on the 22 October, I
have pasted them below for your convenience.

Best of luck, and let us know how things go.
-Jon
---
Hi, yes sadly this still does not seem to have been fixed, the installer
stopped speaking somewhere between the 16th Sept and 29th.

The way i have got orca to talk during the installation is to do the
following:

1. boot the live cd, with accessibility support (enter, f5, 3 enter
enter)
2. once the desktop is loaded press alt+f2 and type gnome-terminal
3. in the terminal type: sudo su and press enter
4. type: orca -q and press enter (now orca stopps talking)
5. type orca (now it will ask for the voice to be used, echoing of key
strokes and enable braille, what keyboard layout, its the text setup).
5.1. at the end it will say to log out type yes, type yes and wait a few
seconds and then alt+f4 to close the terminal window.
6. now that we are back at the desktop (no speech at the moment), press
alt+f2 and type gnome-terminal
7. type sudo su once more
8. type orca (now orca will start properly but it will not read for us,
it will be reading for the root account) leave the gnome terminal open.
9. go to the desktop by pressing control+alt+d (orca is not talking to
us)
10. quickly press the letters i n s t, this will take us to the
installer icon on the desktop, and then press enter.
11. the installer loads up, and orca reads it perfectly fine.
note: the installation (after the 7th step) will take some time, during
which orca is not saying anything, do not worry, it does take time. and
once it has installed and coppied all the files, the installer will ask
(and orca will speak it) if you wish to restart or to continue running
the live dvd.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

-Jon