Re: [orca-list] proceedure for installing osol0811 b100a

Hi Josh:

Thanks for your interest in OpenSolaris.  b101 should be the build where
there are working accessibility options at the boot screen.  What should
happen is that you'll get magnifier and screen reader options on the
GRUB screen, with the screen reader being the last entry.  Select one of
these and Orca will automatically start when the desktop starts on the
live CD.

I've written up some rough instructions here, but I was waiting until a
public ISO with the GRUB entry and eSpeak was available:

http://opensolaris.org/os/project/indiana/status/accessibility/AccessibleLiveCd/

BTW, because this is our first stab at an accessible live CD, I don't
expect it to be perfect.  The installer, for example, still has some
rough a11y edges.  However, it has been used successfully by a tester
who is blind (yeah!), and should serve as something for people to get us
feedback so we can polish it for our 2009.04 release.

Hope this helps,

Will