Re: [orca-list] cepstral voices

Hi, you will have to add a line in /etc/ld.so.conf
open the terminal and type
code:
$sudo gedit /etc/ld.so.conf
now move to the en of file and press enter for inserting a blank line.
type:
/opt/swift/lib
assuming that swift has been installed in the default directory: /opt/swift
now save the file and type:
$sudo ldconfig
now swift will appear as a synth in gnome-speech.
you must have already registered your swift voice beforehand otherwise it will become difficult once you swith to the new synth without registering.
Thanks,
Aruni.

Yes, I did it but nothing happened in orca preferences about speech. I got alison's voice from cepstral, I installed it from the script install.sh. When testing, I cannot hear anything. Many thanks.

Victor Oliveira

Aruni Sharma escreveu:
hi, type the folowing in the gnome-terminal window in order to get
swift voices working.
$sudo apt-get install gnome-speech-swift

after this you should see swift as one of the synths.
Thanks,
Aruni.