Re: [orca-list] accessibility design problem

Hi Mohaned:

The phrase "programs specifically designed for accessibility" is not
quite accurate.  Instead of just "programs", it would be more accurate
to say "programs *and* toolkits". Because GNOME's GTK+ toolkit supports
AT-SPI, for example, we see that a number of GKT+ applications are
accessible without requiring specific accessible design on the part of
the application developers.

To turn the tables, I propose one should consider it a design flaw that
applications do not participate in the AT-SPI.  We're seeing a very good
trend in the industry today, with accessibility infrastructures being
built into desktops such as GNOME, and KDE plans to follow as soon as
the AT-SPI/D-Bus work is completed.

Will