Re: [orca-list] litle oftopic

On Sat, 2008-10-11 at 16:08 +0200, mattias wrote:
i try to use ubuntu via vmware on windows
when i use festival with gnome-speech the sound sounds bad
but when i use festival via speech-dispatcher the sound are perfect
hmmm?
Speech-dispatcher manages the audio for the synth where as gnome speech
uses the synths audio output system. I feel the speech-dispatcher
approach is better for the audio output than the gnome-speech one. I do
wonder though whether applications should be able to instruct
speech-dispatcher to use specific output (like SAPI5 allows windows
applications), and should the application not specify an output, then it
could fall back to a default in the speech-dispatcher configuration
(again like SAPI5 does).

Michael Whapples