Re: [orca-list] getting braille set up

        Hey Jason,

The second comman you gave me work.  It was:

/dev/ttyUSB0

This is a Power Braille unit made by Telesensory that's how I got TS.

On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 15:45 +1100, Jason White wrote:
On Sat, Oct 04, 2008 at 10:43:26PM -0500, Scott Berry wrote:
I am trying to get braille set up over here.  I have a Ts 65/80 braille
display. I am looking at this command's output:

lsusb

Here is what it shows and I am uncertain how to read this:

bus 004
device: 002
id 067b:2303
Prolific Technology Inc. Pl-2303 Serial Port

What I am wondering what this tells me to type in when I specify the
dash d  command and give it a "/dev/(device number)?"

First, try it with usb: or with no parameters just to be sure that it doesn't
detect the braille display as a USB device.

Next, check your kernel log messages to see whether the serial driver was
loaded, and which device node it was assigned - probably /dev/ttyUSB0. (Note
the capitalization here.) Use that device when invoking brltty.

If this doesn't work, I would suggest asking on the BRLTTY mailing list, where
other users and developers will be able to help.

I haven't heard of your particular model of braille display, so I don't even
know that it is supported. If it isn't supported yet, I'm sure this can be
corrected, especially if you are willing to assist the developers with
testing.