Re: [orca-list] Wrong table recognition on NVDA snapshot page

Hi again Hermann.

Earlier I sent you/the list an explanation of what I was seeing, what
Orca is doing, what at-spi is telling us, etc. about the table you refer
to here:

http://www.nvda-project.org/wiki/Snapshots
and check the table of downloadable snapshots:
Orca indicates that there are 4 rows and 3 columns, which is obviously
wrong:
It should announce 4 rows and 4 columns

Then I sat back down at my DayJob (Vista computer which happens to have
Firefox and JAWS 9.0 on it) when it suddenly dawned on my brain to ask,
"What does JAWS 9.0 do in Vista when using Firefox to view the same page
and table?" After all, while the HTML suggests we are doing the correct
thing already, who knows what is happening in completely different
environments which might suggest 4 columns rather than 3? However, when
I arrow into the table, JAWS says "Table with 3 columns and 4 rows". So
unless you and I are looking at two completely different tables, I'm
afraid I'm still stumped.

Take care and thanks again.
--Joanie