Re: [orca-list] johan trujillo I am looking for a ocr software for orca

hello all,
This issue has come time and time again.
I think we must setup a web based team to look at this matter.
I have seen tesseract and tried ocropus.  I feel it could be a good
software and we can persue the matter with the developers and perhaps
get it working even better.
I will provide my list of specifications in a new thread.  I recommend
we setup a small team which can work together for developing some kind
of accessible interface that can run the image scanner, do the ocr and
either create a file or even send output to espeak.
I am aware of such softwares on proprietory side and it is a shame
that we never looked at this aspect.
Never the less there are so many other things to do.
I think let's take this as serious an issue as the pdf reading (I
don't know where that issue has disapeard ) and follow up.
Interested people please respond so that I post a new thread with my
recommendations and what needs to be done about this.
I already started to work on some similar software interface and would
like to share it with other people.
happy hacking.
KK