Re: [orca-list] The latest awailable Opensolaris CD is not supporting Sound Blaster live

First of all, Sound Blaster live can be used under OpenSolaris according to the device detection tool, its just not included as it is a third party driver. Yes I agree for OpenSolaris to be more accessible greater number of sound cards do need supporting.

I don't know which list would be best to make your request about sound card support. Is sound card support an accessibility issue (well it is for us), or is it a task for the indiana project (who is making the 2008.11 release. Below I am listing some of the mailing lists.

Accessibility-discuss:
Request address for subscribing:
accessibility-discuss-request opensolaris org

Indiana project list:
Request address for subscribing:
indiana-discuss-request opensolaris org

If there are matters specifically for the device detection tool then report it to them.

Michael Whapples