Re: [orca-list] open solaris

I just realised I forgot the link to the device detection tool page. It is http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/ddtool

Michael Whapples

On 22/11/08 21:28, Michael Whapples wrote:
Hello,
Admittedly number of audio devices supported is poor, but it is not quite as bad as it seems on the live CD (although we do need audio working then for installation with speech output). I would suggest looking at the page of the device detection tool. Other than the tool itself to confirm whether your hardware will be supported, there are links to the officially supported devices and third party drivers. It seems that there is a third party (not tested by the sun test tool) driver for the SB live.

As for the package manager, it does work with orca, but unfortunately it loads data at the beginning making orca unresponsive and then dynamically adjusts the lists as you navigate, again slowing up orca. So whilst it can be used, it isn't a practical option. You may find the commandline tool pkg more useful.

I haven't a clue about the user options, I normally do all my user management from the commandline in Linux.

Michael Whapples