Re: [orca-list] Latest experimental version of Debian and Orca

Hello,
I have to say OpenSolaris looks really quite good. The only problems I have with it are what could only be classified as bugs (the included java access bridge doesn't seem to work and causes applications to exit, audio volume settings aren't saved although a work around is possible and the starting of orca in sessions doesn't seem to function quite as I would expect). If these bugs could be resolved then OpenSolaris would certainly get my vote for workstations where you want things just to work. It doesn't seem suited, and possibly its not been designed, for good multimedia (doesn't seem to support what I would call decent audio cards (eg. my terratec DMX 24/96)).

Michael Whapples