Re: [orca-list] Problem with setup on Fedora 9

Oh, let me correct myself:
lars bjorndal broadpark no (Lars Bjørndal) writes:

I think I have an issue that I cannot play more than one sound at a
time. Therefore, I tried this /etc/asound.conf file, however with less
luck:

[...]

That's not true when I use the mentioned asound.conf. I'm able to play
from two sources at the same time. However, it needs to be the same
user. So I cannot play one sound with one user at the same time as I
play another sound from another user. And that's may couse problems
under GNOME, I think.

Every time I start the system, Orca needs to be restarted in order to
give speech output. Is there a way around this?

Lars