[orca-list] Orca on Hardy - orca crashes when prefs dialog opened

I'm running hardy with latest orca (2.25.2 pre)
atk: svn version 1298
gail: svn version 1351
at-spi: spn version 1123
orca: svn version 4330

I'm experiencing a crash (or at least speech goes away) when I try and start
the orca preferences dialog, either from the orca main window or any other
app (with orcaKey+control+spaceBar).

I'm also experencing a problem getting to the top panel; I just simply
cannot get there. I'm using vmWare Fusion on a mac, and the key mapping is a
bit strange. The option key is mapped to alt in the virtual machine, but the
control+option keys in the mac universe say ignore next keypress to the mac
screen reader, so I press the combination twice to send a control+alt+tab to
linux. Orca sometimes goes to the desktop frame or to the bottom panel, but
never to the top panel.  When it goes to the bottom panel, it keeps
repeating information about what object its focused on until I press alt+tab
to get back to either the orca main window or any other window I might have
opened.

The debug log that is attached only contains debugging info for the
preferences crash.

Thanx...
-- Rich