Re: [orca-list] new person needing assistance

Hi Scott,
I still consider myself a novice at this, but I'll try to get you started.

First, you say you lose speech after entering in your password on certain applications.  Applications that request a password are run at the administrative level.  It's a sfety feature, but the modifcations you need to fix this with reguards to orca can be found at (http://live.gnome.org/Orca/SysAdmin).  In general much information about orca can be found at the orca site (http://live.gnome.org/Orca).

Second, (http://www.linuxcommand.org/learning_the_shell.php#contents) is a site I found helpful for brushing up on the basics of linux commands and behavior.  Also you said you are using Ubuntu in particular, and (https://help.ubuntu.com/) is the location for the officially compiled documentation, and (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/) is the location of the community contributed information.

Hopefully this is enough to get you started.  If you have anymore questions or problems, feel free to ask:-)

Get 5 GB of storage with Windows Live Hotmail. Sign up today.