[orca-list] Installing Ubuntu 8.04 From Inside Windows

I have a friend that wants to install Ubuntu 8.04 from inside windows.  I have never done this, but I told
him I could
help him.  When I installed it on my own system, I just booted the live CD, and installed that way.

I managed to install from inside Windows, and everything seems to go fine.  However, when I reboot his system
as
prompted, and boot into Ubuntu, Orca comes on and says checking install, and nothing seems to happen after
that.  We
waited for around 15 minutes, and nothing seemed to happen.  I tried rebooting, but when I boot into Ubuntu,
Orca
doesn't even come up now.  I've also uninstalled Ubuntu from inside windows, and then reinstalled, and had
the same
problem.  Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I forgot to mention as well, that when I try to reboot into Ubuntu after getting the whole checking install
message, I
don't even get the sound you are supposed to get, where you can enter your name and password.

Earle

MSN:  peterson_33 sympatico ca

Skype and Twitter:  rowdyamerican