Re: [orca-list] Acroread problem

Hi Tomas:

I've not dug into the exact details, but I would suspect the
communication over CORBA should be compatible between 32/64-bit systems.
If this is the case, the problem then seems to boil down to how to get
the 32-bit acroread to dlopen the 32-bit gail and atk-bridge libraries.
I'm not well-versed on mixing things up like that, but I wonder if
setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH might be an option?

From a bigger picture point of view, however, one might consider how
much effort they really want to spend on this.  If Adobe plans to
provide better support for their products on Linux, then it might be
worthwhile.  If they do not plan on doing so, then this might just be an
exercise that leads to more frustration *and* it might be time better
spent trying to make Evince more accessible.

Will