[orca-list] Screen and screensaver issues

Sometimes I read llong webpages or documents via continuous read. While I understand why this happens, I'm frustrated by how the screensaver ends continuous read when it starts.

Is there any way to prevent this short of just leaving the screensaver turned off and keeping the screen on constantly? I even tried using a blank screen instead, but this doesn't work either. And there's no easy way to do this via orca other than pausing/resuming speech regularly, which gets a bit frustrating for novels or longer texts. I've also noticed that sometimes orca loses its place when the control key is pressed and returns me to the top of the window. And I don't necessarily want to set the screensaver delay overly long.

Also, for the past few weeks I've been using my Eee fulltime since I don't have my desktop connected. I attempted to turn off its display to see how it affected battery life. Unfortunately, using the Eee's screen toggle causes strange orca behavior. Specifically, reviewing websites with arrows or continuous read simply doesn't work and I can only tab between links. Also, flat review renders text in shorter lines. For instance, reviewing a terminal window displays one block of text in a single line or two with the display on, but in several lines with it off. Has anyone else seen this behavior? Seems strange that turning off my display would have an effect on orca, but I've done it several times and seen the same issue.

Thanks.