Re: [orca-list] Orca, Gnome Speech extreme latency, stalling

Hmmm....I wonder if this might have something to do with the audio system in use. The Ubuntu folks have been looking at Pulse Audio, but I think that may end up resulting in some very poor audio performance. Orca, for example, seems to be pretty responsive on my OpenSolaris box.

I'm CC'ing Luke from Ubuntu here to see if he can lend some insight.

Will