Re: [orca-list] PolicyKit

On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 03:09 -0700, Steve Holmes wrote:
James, welcome to the list.  I've personally used policykit and I'm fairly
new to Gnome and Orca myself.  But in general, most of the battle for a11y
can be won by making sure the controls on a dialog are all in the tab order
- you can get to all of them when you press the tab key.  If such controls
are all greyed out, then fine; you shouldn't be able to tab to them since
they have no focus but you mentioned anunlock button; if that button is in
the tab order and is properly labeled, then one should be able to tab to it
and hear that it is an unlock button.  My only concern here may be if that
is the only button on the form that is active, you wouldn't be able to move
on or off the button with tab key so you might not know what butt is
currently focused.  I suppose this is no different than a dialog with a
single OK button today.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I just tried the three applications I have that use policykit with the
unlock button (all from gnome-system-tools; users-admin, time-admin and
network-admin, all available under the System->Administration menu in
Ubuntu hardy), and all of them had several things that could receive
tab focus, the unlock button being one of them, and none focused the
unlock button first.

If that is satisfactory then great, it's one less place to try and fix
things.

Thanks,

James