Re: [orca-list] Non-magnified area is frozen

Hi Magnus:

Very strange. Usually, it's the other way around, where changes like blinking cursors and stuff don't appear in the magnified region. I can't imagine what might be broken here, unless perhaps the change in the unmagnified area is too subtle to be noticed unless its observed via the magnifier.

Will

Magnus Kroken wrote:
Hi

I'm running Sidux i686, and when I run Orca with magnifier the area on
the screen that is not magnified is frozen. That area isn't updated.
For example, if I highlight an icon on the desktop, I can see it
highlighted in the magnifier, but not in the non-magnified area (it's
just normal colored there).

I would like to only have part of the screen magnified, to have some
overview of my desktop, so I do not want full screen magnification.

If relevant, some package versions are as follows:
Linux kernel 2.6.25.4
Orca 2.22.1-2
xserver-xorg 1:7.3+10
xserver-xorg-video-nv 1:2.1.9-1

I've tried with both the free nv driver and the proprietary Nvidia
driver (beta version 173.08, as stable doesn't work with 2.6.25), same
result.

I'm aware that I'm running Debian Sid packages when I use Sidux (they
make their own kernels though), so it probably isn't free from bugs.
Still, it would be nice to know where the problem is and contact the
author, and if someone has encountered it.

Regards
Magnus Kroken