Re: [orca-list] Orca Key behavior/customization (was Re: More accessibility for orca issue)

-----Mensaje original-----
De: William Walker Sun COM [mailto:William Walker Sun COM]
Enviado el: martes, 27 de mayo de 2008 15:53
Para: Jonathan Chacón
CC: orca-list gnome org
Asunto: Orca Key behavior/customization (was Re: [orca-list] More
accessibility for orca issue)

Hi Jonathan:

Hello willie

This is a nice discussion and thanks for bringing it up!

Thank to you. I think everybody wants to make orca the best screen reader
for any device and bing support for any user profile.

1) Bypass function: press a special key combination once and Orca ignores
all key combinations except one, which is the one to turn bypass off.  For
example, Orca+Delete could be used to toggle the on/off of the bypass
feature.

Well, I preffer other behaviur like other screen readers for windows.
You activate byPass function pressing orca+delete, then bypass mode is
activated only for 1 keystroke, after, byPass mode toggles off

2) Sticky key for Orca key: Perhaps treat the Orca key always as a
specialized sticky key -- press it 2X in a row with no other keys and the
Orca >modifier is locked.  Press it again and it becomes unlocked.

It is o.k for me but this feature must be activated with a checkbox in the
orca's configuration dialogue. If the checkbox is unchecked, orca will work
like it does now.
The feature can name like "sticky orca mode" or something similar
My english is too bad :-)

3) Modification of the Orca key: this one might be tough (but not
impossible) to accomplish if we wanted to allow the user to press *any* key
on the keyboard to define the Orca key.  But, we could potentially limit the
choices and present the user with a combobox.

The combobox is perfect. We can add these keys:
Insert
capsInsert
Insert capInsert (default)
Control+alt
Left-alt
Right-alt
Left-control
Right-control

I don't remember what is the name of window key in gnome....

Regards
        Jonathan Chacón