From: Tomas Cerha [mailto:cerha brailcom org]
Sent: den 25 maj 2008 21:37
To: mattias
Subject: Re: [orca-list] speech-dispatcher

mattias wrote:
wait litle here
i install speech-dispatcher, editing /etc/default/speech-dispatcher
and set it to load and run /etc/init.d/speech-dispatcher start
and select it in orca no speech

Yes, that is because the speech dispatcher service is running as user
speech-dispatcher, but your pulse audio sound service is running in your
gnome session under your user account and the speech dispatcher service
doesn't have access to it.  I'm however not a Ubuntu user so I don't
know exactly how to solve that.  You will need to run speech dispatcher
from within your gnome session, but please contact the mailing list if
you need exact steps.  Also reading Speech Dispatcher documentation
might help -- there is a section about running the service under your
user's account (see
http://www.freebsoft.org/doc/speechd/speech-dispatcher_9.html#SEC22)

Best regards, Tomas