Re: [orca-list] Structural navigation

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 08:29:38AM -0400, Willie Walker wrote:

We had many long and difficult conversations with the Firefox team about
getting Firefox to properly support keyboard navigation.  The problem is
that the caret navigation code in Gecko is apparently ensnarled deep
inside the core rendering code.  My understanding is that nobody
understands it and nobody wants to touch it.

Will this change with the large rewrite that is being undertaken for Mozilla
2?

Also, having code in a piece of software that nobody wants to touch is a very
bad scenario for future maintenance. Surely it ought to be partly or entirely
rewritten at some point, which would be the best opportunity to implement
proper keyboard navigation in the core of Gecko.