Re: [orca-list] Setting up wireless profile in ubuntu 8.04

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 07:55 -0400, Chris Gilland wrote:
Thank you thank you thank you, thank you!

I would a asked this same question had you not, as I'd love to get this on
my laptop but I absolutely refuse to unless I can get my wi fi to work.

It might absolutely refuse to go on if you don't know what chipsets are
involved.  So have you asked google whether your wireless chipset is
supported by Linux?

Did you have a question for orca users on this orca list?

Gena
Chris.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Rutkowski" <scott7442 internode on net>
To: <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 6:16 AM
Subject: [orca-list] Setting up wireless profile in ubuntu 8.04

Hi all.

Just wondering is there an easy way in ubuntu to setup a
wireless profile to access my wireless lan using a gui tool?
From what I can work out it seems you use network manager in
ubuntu to configure your wireless network settings in
ubuntu.
can anyone tell me where in network manager you go to setup
a wireless profile so I can enter my wpa2 pre-shared key?
Also has anyone tried wicd network manager for ubuntu?
Heard about it over on
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/wicd-wired-and-wireless-network-manager-for-ubuntu.html#more-485

Any assistance on the above would be greatly appreciated.