Re: [orca-list] Thoughts on a "list of elements" feature for Orca in Firefox

Steve Holmes writes:
Sounds good in it its proposed form.  It sounds like something that
could be extended by someone in the future if they wanted to.  You
mentioned the situation of going to say the 150th link; I'm really not
sure how one would quickly get to that specific link given the present
proposed design however.

We could add a possibility to list the links numerated, but I doubt
that this was Marco's idea: I think he mentioned it as an example,
where the link you need is at the 150th position on the page. But one
has certainly know its name or at least part of it. The search dialog
is not that useful, provided the string occurs several times on the
page, as text and as link.

What I'd probably use more than a link list would be expanded
structural navigation keys to include specifying the type of control
or form element desired.  For example, a form might have 23 edit boxes
and you want to get to the button that follows, you currently would
have to tab through the 23 edit controls first.  It would be nice to
hit a single key to go to the next button or if hotkeys come up short,
we could use a two-key system where the first button specifies "find a
control" and the second would specify the control type.

Why taht difficault? We simply could add some more shortcuts to
specify the kind of forms, an "e" for an edit field and a "b" for a
button, to mention only that two. But I hear the people start
groaning: "Oh no, not this one!"
But anyway, I would appreciate that.
Hermann