Re: [orca-list] Installing cepstral voices help please

If you run Ubuntu or Debian, yu just create a swift.conf file in /etc/ld.so.conf.d.
It will contain the following:

/opt/swift/lib

This assumes you let swift install into the default of /opt/swift
You would then type
sudo ldconfig

This tells the system to update it's library path.

Actually, you type sudo dot slash instaall dot sh.

I spelled out the punctuation instead of typing it.
the dot slash says to look in the current dir for the install.sh file.
The reason you have different instructions from Cepstral is that they assume you know how your system works
and will adjust your commands accordingly.
This is why new users to linux really need to learn before they start changing things.

          Kenny