Re: [orca-list] Admin Features for Slackware Users

As already suggested to you, try using sudo from a terminal window. I am
using slackware 12.0 and just tried a couple of things. Starting it from
the menu the first time, gksudo appeared prompting me for my password,
when I entered it and pressed enter, nothing it went silent, may be
something was taking its time but I decided to give up. Trying sudo from
the gnome-terminal I was prompted for my password in the gnome-terminal
and then the application appeared and was accessible. Next I tried
starting something from the menu again, and it did not prompt me for my
password (one assumes it must have cached the password) and the
application appear accessible. May be its something to do with that
gksudo window.

Just doing some more, I tried launching the application again from the
menu (its been long enough I need to enter my password again, and it
doesn't speak after the password dialog, and when I close it and
relaunch it immediately from the menu, it still seems inaccessible. I am
concluding that from the menu is not so reliable as from a
gnome-terminal and sudo.

The application I have been trying with is gslapt if this is of
interest.

Hope this helps.

Michael Whapples